Saturday 3 October 2015

Post #12 - More Insomnia + Choir Musings

Oh for goodness sake, this is driving me crazy now. It's nearly 3:30am and I cannot sleep.  Again. Yes I know that I shouldn't be on a screen, but hey, writing's good - yeah?

I'm a member of a local choir. It's fun, I adore singing and was studying for my Grade 4 with the choir leader/music teacher until my fragile mental health forced me to stop. I started singing back in 2010; I used to sing in a church choir as a child but gave it up for decades. I began with a few beginners' group courses and then joined a central London choir for about eighteen months in total and then my work ensemble. Actually, I think I'll detail my experiences on one of my other (many) blogs.

Right: ASC. Singing's great for the soul, but I do struggle somewhat with the logistics involved. For example,  I walk the three miles there as I haven't driven for many years now because of extreme anxiety. I often get a lift back, but I don't wish to be a burden. The room itself, which is the music department of a grammar school can get very crowded and last week one of the other altos was behind me and her continual chewing and talking was vexing me. She's a nice woman and we've spoken many times; she even has a grandchild with ASC. It's not easy for me though as some of the other choristers are flat; this is because you don't have to audition to get in, which is a double-edged sword.

Oh dear, I sound like a right old moaner don't I? I'm not, honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment