Wednesday 14 October 2015

Post #17 - Hospitalised Relatives and A Missing Cat

I won't got into great detail about the background of my family situation, but in a nutshell, my husband has a 90-year-old mother with Vascular Dementia who is now in a residential home and a mentally and physically disabled brother who is in sheltered accommodation.  I explain much more in another of my blogs, Caring For The Carers: https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=744390122599049054#overview/src=dashboard

On Monday afternoon my husband received a call from one of the carers in my brother-in-law's (BIL)'s sheltered accommodation stating that the latter had experienced difficulty breathing and had been taken to A&E at a north London hospital.  He was later admitted; hubby went to see him on Tuesday and my BIL was hooked up to masks, tubes and all sorts - he seemed quite sick.  The Doctor stated that he had fluid in his lungs and his scolosis was making it difficult for his lungs to operate effectively. 

This morning my MIL's care home rang hubby to state that she wasn't well, was refusing to leave her room and becoming more aggressive and at other times, tearful.  We agreed to write a detailed account of her medical history to date, like we did with my BIL.

To top it all, my youngish black and white cat Sophie's gone missing.  I've long wondered whether she was getting her Felix elsewhere, but we haven't seen her since we put her out last night.  Apparently the insurance states that you have to contact the Vet within five days of disappearance.  She's chipped and was vaccinated recently.  Pah!

No comments:

Post a Comment