Sunday 3 January 2016

Post #35 - MumAspie Tips - Bungee Laces

I wrote a post about purchasing some bungee laces as a life hack/workaround regarding my son's continuing inability to fasten his shoes.  Unfortunately, I drafted the text on the Android Blogger app and it wouldn't publish, however many times I tried, which was a right PITA.  Apparently this is a common issue with the app's efficacy.  Hmm.

The jist was that I bought two x two metres of grey and white bungee cord from a seller on eBay (whom I really wouldn't hugely recommend as he was quite snippy with me), but I duly laced up a pair of my son's trainers and another of his fake Converse baseball boot style ones.  I sealed the raggedly cut ends with sellotape, but on reflection, clear nail varnish may also work for this process - I'll test it and let you know.  I've placed the trainers in my son's school PE kit, so hopefully he won't lose those as well (one of his NEW black size 3 Hi-Tecs went astray prior to Christmas - rahhhhh!) we'll see.  I find that velcro trainers are really difficult to get hold of in his size, which is now a whacking great UK3 (he's only eight, but big feet do 'run' in our family - ha ha!)  Mind you, paying £72 in Clarks the other day for a new pair of school shoes and some black velcro trainers is rather steep to say the least.  I do appreciate the need to retain my son's phalanges though, what caring mother wouldn't?

Here they are:


2 comments:

  1. I had to smile at your post as it bought back memories of my son (now 28) who could never do his shoes up and would just tuck the laces in the sides of the shoes. He was constantly losing clothes. Once he came back from PE in someone elses trousers (all pilled and scruffy) leaving them with a brand new pair just purchased. We never did get them back.

    We continue to lose and hunt for things on a daily basis. Let's just say our executive function could do with a lot of tweaking! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, what *is* it about boys and school stuff? You're right - they always come home with a scuzzy old version of something which was replaced very recently? I think that the other shoe fell off in the cloakroom as his (cheap) PE bag was far too small for his needs. He had, however knackered the previous school branded one.

      Like your son, I forsee a life of 'Mum - where's my xxxx?'

      Delete