Thursday 17 September 2015

Post #7 - Friendships

Like many Aspies I struggle somewhat to make friends and always have.  I'm most comfortable in male company and by that I mean geeky blokes and not sporty examples of malehood replete with fake tan, loafers and hair gel.  Yes, I can be judgemental, but believe me, those TOWIE clones don't go for geeky Faspies either.

I have had quite a few examples in my past of friends becoming far too close and obsessed by me.  This happened when I was at an all-girls secondary school where a classmate soon turned from close friend to sworn enemy and tried to push me into oncoming traffic.  Later on, as an adult a similar thing happened when a woman I met at an antenatal class became far too close and began to try and take over my life.  This time I was warned off by my husband and parents.  I think it's happening again though, but I don't really quite how to deal with it without upsetting the person concerned. 

That said, when I like somebody I can become bloody obsessed myself.  I have to be sat down and spoken to about it.  There's very few grey areas with us Aspies is there? 

2 comments:

  1. I have experience of a female trying to take over my life and one at school. Only discovered I am Aspie last year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one. I certain types of NTs think that many Aspies are isolated as a result of the communication issue and zone straight in on them!

    ReplyDelete