Saturday 5 September 2015

Post #5 - Post Diagnosis

When the draft report of private diagnosis popped into my inbox I must admit that it made interesting reading and by that, well, it was a bit like being slapped around the face with a rancid wet fish.  Being a typical Aspie, I zoomed in on the negative aspects such that I 'presented younger than my chronological age' and 'my voice had a montone air'.  Yes, even now in middle age I don't really like being criticised as it eats away at my soul.  I did question certain phrases and conclusions via email and on the phone and yes, they got duly amended.

That said, I'm an Aspie and therefore I'm disabled.  I really never thought that I had 'special needs', I really didn't.  I guess that many people don't really.  It's like going into mourning in many ways; certain careers are verboten now and my life felt and indeed still feels, strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment