Friday 25 December 2015

Post #33 - Christmas For Aspies

Like many Aspies I find dealing with Christmas to be problematic.  I think that it's the expectation that women have to deal with an awful lot of stuff and provide a welcoming atmosphere for their family and guests.  I won't got into huge amounts of detail about my own situation, but in a nutshell, I have a neurotypical younger brother who refuses to host Christmas at his house, choosing to work instead.  This means that myself, husband and son tend to be hospitable whilst he swans off and earns double overtime at our expense.  Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate my parents, but I can become easily resentful about this situation.  I am currently upstairs escaping it all.

Next year it's just us three and no bloody turkey.  I don't mind the bird itself, but it's the whole rigmarole of everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment