Tuesday 22 December 2015

Post #31 - Forum Flouncing

Studying the way that Aspies use the internet is a strange dichotomy - it's a great place to share information, gossip and discuss one's 'special interests' in greater detail than you ever would with friends whom you actually know and physically exist in real life (IRL).  That said, as with many things in regard to dealing with life on the spectrum, there's a huge BUT.  That is, you just cannot work out people's intentions via their posts and certainly aspects such as tone, intonation and sarcasm can be very easily misconstrued.  I am also pretty darn sure that many men don't like women to be funnier than they are and this often leads to aggressive behaviour centring around a sexist theme.

Ha! That's what I think anyway.  I'll be back after a bit.  A fellow Aspie told me a very similar story about his involvement on a popular Sci-Fi website, so I know that I'm not alone in both my thoughts and opinions and boy do I have a lot of those!

No comments:

Post a Comment