Friday 7 April 2017

Post #95 - Sociability Is Hard Enough For Me

I have always loved the band Blur, with special reference to their late nineties song, Coffee and TV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oqXVx3sBOk Geeky Graham Coxon sings the lead vocal and the video's blooming fantastic too.  This is what the mighty Wikipedia has to say about the song:

"Coffee & TV" is a 1999 song by the Britpop band Blur. It was written by the band's guitarist, Graham Coxon, who also sang lead vocals, as opposed to frontman Damon Albarn. The song appears on Blur's sixth studio album, 13 and was the second single released from the album. The lyrics describe Coxon's struggle with alcoholism and the song's video, featuring a sentient milk carton searching for Coxon, won several awards.

Anyway, the lyric ' Sociability Is Hard Enough For Me' is very true in my case.  My profoundly mentally and physically disabled brother-in-law, John, is visiting us today and although he's a really nice relaxed guy, I find that I don't quite have the empathy to deal with other, more seriously disabled people.  That's why I gave up being a moderator on the Scope Disability Boards; I know that that sounds horrible and rather harsh, but I just cannot get it.  The daily dose of 40mg of Fluxotine is turning me into a zombie too, which doesn't help matters.  

On a lighter note, here's a picture of the sentient milk cartons from the Coffee and TV music video:

Image result for coffee and tv milk carton

No comments:

Post a Comment