Wednesday 12 April 2017

Post #96: Aspie Obsessions - Jeans

Don't ask me the reason why I'm obsessed with jeans, but rest assured, I must am.  Maybe because it's because my Mother, a single parent between late 1980 and mid 1984, wasn't over-flushed with money as we were living on my late Father's Police Pension.  Mother's a frugal woman, but with three young children to bring up, it didn't stretch that far.  Actually, the majority of our clothing was purchased from either church jumble sales or from market stalls.  My older brother, Peter, had a pair of jeans with a rubberised Fred Flintstone design adhered to both thighs; as you can imagine, they were pretty darn stylish?  I later inherited them and took them to the catwalks of Milan.

When I was at senior/secondary school between the ages of 11 and 16 I always dreaded non uniform day and once wore a Betty Boop nightshirt, as suggested by my so-called best friend, Jane.  How nice!  Everyone noticed.  Bitches.

Yesterday morning, whilst carrying out a seasonal wardrobe inventory, I counted 50, yes 5-0 pair of denim, corduroy and other thinner jeans-style five pocket trousers.  Yikes!  Of course, me being me and having a weight that likes to fluctuate by about three to four stone, only about 12 pairs of them actually fit me at this present moment.


Back in June 2014, when I had my first period off sick from work with stress and anxiety, I decided to measure and categorise them all.  I think that I quite enjoyed the process really; it's the aspie level of detail I often crave.  Hurrah.


No comments:

Post a Comment