Monday 27 March 2017

Post #92 - Adult Education Courses

I think that I've currently reached the stage of being completely and utterly sick of attending adult education courses?  Why? Well, I just am. Since taking voluntary redundancy nearly a year ago, I have slowly tried to find interesting things to do with my time. Some have been more successful than others.

I am rubbish at playing keyboards and never practice enough. I am, however, getting better at music theory. This morning's clothes upcycling workshop was very - meh. I suppose it's because it's a group thing and as regular readers will know, groups and me just don't work. The woman from the local authority's waste team was really lovely, but the sewing teacher wasn't my cup of tea at all - she hailed from the neighbouring (more expensive!) borough and had an attitude to match. I broke the sewing machine's needle because I really didn't know what I was doing.



My husband currently attends a weekly art class at the same college and says similar things about his tutor. She knits her own fruit and has written books about the very subject.  Really. Do you think that she ever suffers from scurvy?

Upcycling - pah - look at this repurposed grater:


No comments:

Post a Comment