Sunday 12 February 2017

Post #86 - Courses and Volunteering

I'm not sure whether I've mentioned it before, and apologies if I have, but I'm currently attending weekly course entitled 'Living With Autism' every Tuesday morning.  It's run by my borough's Autism Unit and I must say that it's excellent. I'm the only autistic adult with a diagnosis on the course and hopefully my input is helping others understand this most complex of conditions.

I'm also volunteering with a national disability charity as a online forum moderator, but that's not really going as well.  I guess that there's a serious lack of training and guidance, plus due to the nature of the work, I cannot carry the work out on my smartphone.  I'm not sure I'm the best person to do this kind of work because the repetitive nature of the tasks doesn't really fit my 'unique' skill set; plus I'm not the most empathetic of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment