Sunday 26 February 2017

Post #88 - Obeying The Rules

Along with a whole host of other Aspies, I don't really like people flouting rules (and perhaps it's also because I hail from a police family?)  We went for our usual Sunday afternoon trip to our local abbey today, which is mostly ruined, but quite a lot of the walls are still intact.  There is a clear 'no ball games' rule, but lo and behold, there was a group of youths playing football inside of it and absolutely whacking the ball around, much to the disdain of the parents of toddlers etc who often like to bimble around there.  We were just about to leave and head off into the woods when the ball came near me - I turned around and admonished one of the youths.  Why did I do that?  Well, it made me feel better and I really don't see why people should get away with such selfish behaviour.

Don't get me wrong, I never place myself or my son in danger, but it's not great. Once I told off a parent for parking on the zig zags outside the school; of course, I received a torrent of verbal abuse, but quite honestly, I couldn't care less.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you. Unfortunately where I live the local "lads" like to play football in our car park. Sadly any admonishments result in fear of wing mirrors being torn off, tyres slashed etc. so one keeps schtum. Infuriating. One of the blessings of winter is that they all keep indoors, however the seasons change and it will all start again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain! I'm sure that I was never such a PITA whilst growing up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The height of our bad behaviour was pinching a few apples and ringing doorbells and running away. :)

    ReplyDelete