Monday 16 January 2017

Post #84 - Anxiety in Aspies

Quite a few new things begin this week - firstly it's a 'Beginners' Keyboard' class tonight, which is taking place at my local Adult Education Centre.  Now, as much as I like music, I'm no flipping good at it and reading music is an anathema to me.  I'll give it a go though.

On Wednesday I have to attend WeightWatchers.  Being the comedy fan I am, I keep on imagining a class led by a Margery Dawes lookalike, but I doubt that it'll be half that amusing.  If I can lose some of my lard though, I'd be a happy porker.
Image result for mrs blobby

Thursday's joy is the belated return of choir, after last week's cancellation due to the snowy weather.  As I've already written, I love singing, but the whole communal and social aspect of attending group activities is very difficult for me.

Finally(!) I was literally shaking earlier when dealing with a difficult situation on eBay.  I won't got into any further details, but it wasn't very nice and I've since deleted both the app and the related email account from my smartphone so that I don't have to receive the messages.


2 comments:

  1. I am currently eating the Slimming World Way, not going to the classes as I find them especially difficult, a. the groupness of it all, and b. my weight comes off so slowly, I cannot take the pressure of being surrounded by people who lose weight quickly.I know a lady who did WW and has gained back all the weight. How are you doing? Horrible being hungry isn't it. Well done for getting yourself to all these groups and classes. Not easy when you are Aspie. I remember joining many things in the past but giving up very quickly as I always seemed to be the one who was slow on the uptake. Like when I went on a quilting course. I found the instructions incomprehensible. Same with crochet. It was embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one - my own mother advised me to go back because 'I wasn't paying for it!' but it's just not me. All that camaraderie and yes, WW and SW are trying to net customers for life by feeding the dieting/bingeing cycle. I am finding issues with my weekly keyboard course too - as I did French. Arrrgghhh!

      Delete