Friday 20 May 2016

Post #51 - Dealing With Your Aspie Child

It's a strange thing parenting an autistic son - for example, there's so much I do understand, but then there's a whole lot of other stuff I haven't a clue about.  For example, and forgive me if I've mentioned it before, but he's got a thing about being seen about with two parents.  I recall being very embarrassed by my own mother whilst a teenager because she insisted on wearing a market purchased florescent pink sweatshirt emblazoned with 'Macadam Street Boys' on the front and a crude depiction of a youth skateboarding with gay abandon.  That said, I don't really wear anything particularly odd whilst out and about.

He wanted a classmate of his to visit on Sunday.  We don't normally do playdates in this household because I find it really stressful.  The child in question isn't a particularly good influence on him in my opinion, but I won't elaborate, lest I get pilloried for such behaviour.

In other news, I'm still obsessed with my Cineworld Unlimited Card.  For those not in the know, it's a pre-paid card in which the consumer signs up for a year's subscription at the princely sum of £16.90 per calendar month.  For that, you can have entry into pretty much any cinema in the UK, with the exception of the three ones located in central London.  I have been to see countless films since I obtained the card back in February - some good, some bad and others, well, they were mediocre.

No comments:

Post a Comment