Sunday 8 May 2016

Post #50 - Future Plans and Creative Writing

In regard to future plans, well, I logged onto an employment agency's website and saw that there were quite a few Civil Service posts available.  Great, that gives me quite a lot of hope of a return as a temporary worker in the autumn.  I don't think that being out of work really suits me, after all, I had been in paid employment since I was nineteen.

Yesterday I attended an 'Autobiography Into Fiction' course at the City Lit, which is an arts college located in Covent Garden, central London.  It was quite a long day - 10:30 through to 17:30 to be exact, but it was packed full of interesting material.  The tutor's chosen written style and oeuvre wasn't to my particular taste, but you could tell that he clearly has talent.  I find it a really strange juxtaposition because the suburb I live in doesn't really have much of an intellectual population, but if I get on the train they'll be a room full of well-read people talking about Proust and Edward Hopper.  Even I'm not that cultured!

No comments:

Post a Comment