Tuesday 10 November 2015

Post #25 - A (Working) Day In The Life (Of An Aspie) - The Afternoon: Part Two

So, it's nearing home time.  Pretty much always I'll leave the office at 16:58, well unless there's anything urgent pressing, but I have my trusty work laptop with me in my heavy bag, which since the change from rucksack to laptop/messenger bag, has been killing my shoulder.  I'll walk back to the mainline station - a different one to the one I arrived on this morning (such is the wonder of London connections!)  It's a busy and very touristy area, so there are always crowds blocking my path or taking impromptu snaps of famous landmarks.  The one thing I can't fathom is why there are always so many people hanging around drinking on the pavement outside pubs?  I mean, I'm more than aware that the smoking ban has forced people out in the open air, but surely paying £5 for a pint of lager and having to sup it in the discomfort of the street isn't much fun, is it?



I dislike bicycles who fail to stop at pedestrian crossings too - it's one of my biggest bugbears.  Please obey the road safety laws and stop scaring people trying to cross the road.



I like to arrive at the terminus early and find a spot near a side barrier to stop people crashing into me whilst they're running for their trains.  Once the train appears on the destination board then it's a scramble for the platform.  I like to sit in the two-seat spaces as there's nobody in front of you and my legs can be stretched out accordingly.  Once I had a guy with a bag of fish sat in front of me who wouldn't budge at all.  My journey sometimes takes up to forty minutes to complete, so my legs were stiff by the end of it.

I arrive at my station and walk back home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment