Sunday 23 August 2015

Post #3 - The NHS Asperger Syndrome Diagnosis

A very caring contact arranged a posting back in my home Department and a few weeks later I was working once more.  I had no post, but was 'actively seeking one'.  A private diagnosis, via HR was also arranged. Bizarrely, both the NHS and Private ones coincided and I undertook both within a month of one another.

The NHS one was far simpler.  I brought along my husband for support and my Mother for background evidence of my strange childhood.  Now, it's fair to say that I don't really get on with my Mother as she's a very negative depressive person who fails to seek assistance in dealing with those particular conditions - she's also pretty certainly got full blown Asperger Syndrome or strong traits of it herself.  It took place in a medical centre near a pub which had some bad memories for me - basically, I hadn't wished to go to a relative's hen night and my Mother pretty much forced me to attend.  Anyway, the Doctor had a list of traits written down and asked me to elaborate on them, which I did.  My Mother was suitably vindictive whilst discussing my past, wrapping everything up in an 'unreasonable child' cocoon.  I burst into tears and was pretty upset.

The conclusion was, after about an hour and a half was that I had Asperger Syndrome.  I was pleased with the findings.

1 comment:

  1. My Mum most likely had it too. Lots of coincidences here.

    ReplyDelete