Thursday 28 May 2020

Post #170 - The More You Ignore Me - The Closer I [Don't] Get

Master Logic and me share a similar problem - we get fed up with people ignoring our respective WhatsApp messages. With me I ping far too many messages at people, what with my butterfly brain and all, but it still pisses me off to be ignored. I've had this all of my life - I was never part of the 'in crowd' at school, work or anything really.

The trouble with social media is that you can see when the person who is ignoring you is online; it's uncanny. An example of this recently relates to my Great Aunt Pat's funeral - my brother and his dipso wife didn't even acknowledge the virtual funeral let alone send any kind of condolence via the close family's WhatsApp group. This is the same sister-in-law who is always on Facebook commenting on her friends and blood relations' doings. Clearly my family aren't important enough to give a shit about?

No comments:

Post a Comment