Wednesday 13 May 2020

Post #167 - Work (Non Paid/Volunteering)

Just in case any of my readers are wondering what on earth I do all day (and indeed why should they - they're not the boss of me) then I do keep myself busy.  Having a son with autism, ADHD, General Anxiety Disorder and asthma is pretty full on, especially when attempting to home school him.  Parents of neurotypical children just do not get it.  Sorry, but you just don't.

I remain co-chair of my borough's Autism Partnership Board (APB) and I'm currently starting out with some initial work on a post diagnosis programme for adults because as we all know, adults who are diagnosed late in life get naff all support.  I want to do this and it's very much my area of expertise and if I'm honest, a labour of love.

I also sit on my borough's Suicide and Self Harm Prevention Group because of my personal experience in the area.  See - I want to use my past to help people, I'm not some lazybonescouchpotato.

I don't receive any Government handouts and cannot qualify for Personal Independence Payment (PIP) or any other benefits.  I certainly don't have a free zone 1 to 6 travelcard akin to some peers, which quite frankly annoyed me to such an extent that I cannot bear to be in the same room as these people.  In fact, if you're breathing, not dribbling and literate then you're screwed - 'high functioning' - me arse (as Father Jack may say.)








No comments:

Post a Comment