Monday 14 November 2016

Post #77: Post Diagnosis - How It Affects Any Hope Of Any Kind Of Future Career Prospects

*Stop Press: He Replied ...*

I'm annoyed, I really am. Why? Well, two weeks ago I attended an introductory session with a company called Resources Plus who are a company contracted to work on behalf of the London Borough I reside in.  Their main objective seems to centre around getting people back to work, or to find better quality employment in their particular field of expertise, providing training and support, where necessary.  The contact, whom I won't name here, won't acknowledge nor respond to the two emails I sent him. The first one provided an electronic copy of my CV and explained, in some detail, my personal situation; the second was a request to defer the 1to1 appointment we'd arranged during the introductory session.  I sent him another email today stating that if I do not hear back from him within three working days that I'll be taking the matter up with the Local Authority under the auspices of the Equality Act 2010.

I attended a parents' support group this morning and the discussion touched upon whether adults should seek a diagnosis and if so, would it affect their future career prospects.  I did and look what happened to me.  Bitter?  Yep.




No comments:

Post a Comment