Monday 30 October 2017

Post #124 - Secondary School E-Application Process

Phew!  I have just clicked and submitted both the form and the four (yes, four) attachments (medical history parts one and two, council tax form and Master Logic's birth certificate).  Believe me, it's a right palaver, but fingers crossed, he'll be granted his first choice of non-selective secondary school come next March.  Myself and my husband have been rather stressed about the whole thing (plus other, unrelated occurrences*, hence my shoulder is playing up with stress once again ...)

For those planning this for the future, please note that you'll require a document from your GP explaining all of your child's medical history.  We were rather late in applying for this and for the princely sum of £25, we received a print out of Ted's medical record from 2010.  Hmm - if any SENCo has the time to plough through all of that, I wish them luck; personally, I would have liked to see a comprehensive document explaining the background to each medical condition, when he was first diagnosed, how it affects his day to day life and any medication he takes to relieve/reduce the symptoms.

*Issues with volunteering; next door being burgled; not being awarded my PIP etc

No comments:

Post a Comment