Tuesday 18 April 2017

Post #100 - The Forthcoming UK General Election and a Look Back To 2008

This morning it was announced that British Prime Minister, Theresa May, has called a General Election in June. That'll give the civil service something to chew on and they'll undoubtedly be going into purdah.

Right, OK, I was sorting out my understairs cupboard earlier, mainly to find the pair to the H&M velcro and bungee lace high top trainers I bought Ted online ages ago and duly stored. He still cannot do up standard laces, much to our chagrin.

Along with the piles of discarded packaging, my collection of bags, umbrellas and other household detritus, I found my appointment diary from 2008, which was the year after Ted was born. Here are some highlights/lowlights:


The Girls' Night Out in Bexley Village was bloody awful as I seem to recall.  Me and six other mothers from our particular National Childbirth Trust (NCT) antenatal class booked a table in a certain Indian Restaurant in the Village (which was once classed as a village back in the year 1608 or something, but now it's the ponciest part of the borough and commands a 30K more on a house price as a result).  It was an awful night - the waiters shouted at us, the woman sitting in front of me, who'll I'll refer to as Annie, completely ignored me and the majority of the women didn't eat very much and merely pushed their respective curries around their plates.

Jane and Gary - former friends; Jane was once my best friend at secondary school and we now ignore one another.  There's a really good reason for this, but I won't go into it all now.   


The NCT meet up at my house didn't go ahead because everyone dropped out, citing some shit excuse or another. That made me feel really good about myself. After suffering, once again, from overbearing friend syndrome, I finally blocked the whole group out of my life in 2010 and have never once regretted doing so.  

No comments:

Post a Comment