Friday 19 July 2019

Post #160 - Choir, Revisited

Guess what readers? No?  Well, my latest choir isn't right for me either. Last week some old woman wearing an ill-advised combination of white skinny jeans and a grey blingy top decided to whisper something unkind in her sister's ear about my singing. I was pissed off enough then, believe me.

I'd normally blame myself and my Autism, but it's not altogether my fault in this particular instance because this lot are seriously cliquey. I'm not a thick skinned person by nature and being told rather rudely to 'shut up' whilst I was attempting to help sort out an audio issue was unpleasant. Also, if I'm asked whether I can follow the soprano part and I answer that it's easier to determine the harmony line on a musical score is my personal opinion. Yes, it may sound quite snobby, but it wasn't meant to be. Snarky comments about me being "too good for the choir" don't help either. Yeah, I'm looking at you, so-called treasurer.

Needless to say that I won't be coming back.


No comments:

Post a Comment