Saturday 17 August 2019

Post #161 - Mother Knows Best?

Well, does she? Mine doesn't. This is what happened yesterday:

My parents came over to drop The Earl off last night and my mother berated me for daring to throw away a stained and mouldy rubber bath mat.  The aforementioned item was festering away in their holiday bungalow when we visited last month and we replaced it with a brand new one. She also expressed anger at the decision to replace a manky old plastic soap dish with a ceramic one as it would "crack the basin" when it fell off of the side.  I wouldn't mind, but knowing their crankiness, I left the soap dish in the bathroom for future use and the mat on one of the workshop shelves.

My mother is a deeply lazy woman who refuses to maintain any kind of housekeeping. She has always been the same and I grew up in a complete shithole of a house as a result, a place so rank and disgusting visitors were never welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment