Wednesday 4 July 2018

Post #138 - Being An Independent Aspie

Mind you, but 'independent' I mean living with my husband and son, but hey, I'm not useless.  Far from it.  I think the experiences I've lived through over the past few weeks have really cemented the fact that I need to extricate myself from any charities, associations and anything connected to group activities.  The truth is the matter is that I'm just not a team player and cannot understand or indeed, abide, working with others, especially those with disabilities.  This isn't me being unfair or prejudiced - I just find other autistic people to be very tricky to deal with, as I'm sure that they do me!  I find myself getting very argumentative with them, that's for sure ...

In other news I'm on the NHS's waiting list for a diagnosis of Bipolar II; I saw my GP a week or so ago and I do meet the clinical threshold to be referred to a psychiatrist for further investigation.  I'm still experiencing symptoms of hypomania and wonder quite how long they'll last as it's been just over a month now.  It sounds better than it actually is, believe me!

No comments:

Post a Comment