Tuesday 10 July 2018

Post #140 - My Late Cat, Tilly.

We had my 18 year-old cat, Tilly, put to sleep at the Vet this morning.  It was very sad indeed and I burst into tears when her bright green eyes clouded over and she'd passed on. 

I am editing this post a few days on and it's odd being in the house without her as she as such a comforting presence (although her natural 'Tortietude' was rather loud at times and her breath, awful.)  We'd owned her since we moved into this house and she was a Cats' Protection rescue moggie, who'd been left in an empty house in a nearby suburb alongside her brother/litter mate, when her former owners had moved without taking their pets with them (nice people, huh?).  She was about three years old then and the Vet was able to guesstimate her age (from her teeth) at approximately three years of age.  We were advised to take her as a lone cat because her and her sibling didn't really get on (I can totally agree with this myself from bitter experience ...)


I recall her resisting, twisting and generally ranting when we attempted to brush her teeth; the fact that she required £30 more's worth of anesthetic as a result of her struggling during a tooth operation a few years ago was pretty standard.  She coped with Ted's birth and the distruption to the household from 2007 onwards and was a great mouser.  When I had my regular bouts of insomnia, she was downstairs, asleep, but meowed a little 'hello' to me if she was woken by me putting the light on. 

She'll be missed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment