Sunday 30 December 2018

Post #145 - Filthy Creeps [On Words With Friends]

Earlier I sent this Tweet:


I meant it too. I love playing the online app version of Scrabble, but the inbuilt chat facility is really getting on my nerves. Since my profile picture was automatically changed via the Facebook link and hey presto, certain blokes, or what Emily Dean terms 'Filthy Creeps' are hitting the chat facility.  I've attached some redacted examples below.  When I Googled it, it seems like this issue is quite common with Words With Friends, which is lovely to contemplate in a post #MeToo world.

Please let me clarify that I'm a woman who is more at home with blokes rather than my own sex, I think that it because of my autism.  I do enjoy chatting with my male mates, but as a married woman, I don't really wish to exchange messages which may become misconstrued.  For example: I love a comment on one of my blogs, but unsolicited 'chat' via Words With Friends, it's a no from Faspie. 

I slept on the issue, found more strange and somewhat creepy messages from the father and son team (assuming that they were, quite frankly, it could have been one bloke using two accounts to pretend to be two separate members of his own family ...)  Anyway, I blocked them both and reported their odd behaviour to Zynga, the parent company of Words With Friends - I don't expect to hear anything back, but at least it's out there. 





No comments:

Post a Comment