Sunday 5 August 2018

Post #142 - Did It Again

Yes, once again I've fallen out with a close friend, whom I'll refer to as 'IndieMan' over something I stupidly wrote on Facebook messenger whilst pretending to be my husband, Mr Random. The trouble is that 'my sense of humour' [quotes intentional] is odd and sometimes a little hurtful and I fully admit that it has caused me no end of trouble throughout my life.

I apologised. I'm not sure what else I can do, apart from donning sackcloth and ashes whilst being beaten by a leper colony.  My friend duly blocked me on WhatsApp and Facebook and generally shut me out of his life. 

*Benefit of Hindsight - written on 17th December 2018*

We made it up a fortnight or so after the incident, so roughly mid-August if my execrable maths is up to scratch.  Fair enough, I screwed up, but I guess that it was a rather immature response to his somewhat cavalier attitude towards my feelings in the past.

IndieMan discussed it with me face-to-face in late November, and hey, yes, I did wrong, but my husband was rather pleased that we'd fallen out.  Try as he might, Mr Random doesn't really like me having close friendships with other blokes. Quite understandably, he gets jealous and rather dislikes IndieMan upsetting his wife by flying off of the handle and blocking her on social media.  As for IndieMan blaming Mrs Random for any ensuing physical altercations that he may get himself into as a result is total bollocks. Grow up.




No comments:

Post a Comment