Thursday 13 October 2016

Post #69: Caring For Elders & Helping Others

If you know me (and quite frankly, I'm an online presence, so why would you?) You'd be aware of my family's care back story, but in a nutshell, my mother-in-law and brother-in-law are both now in residential accommodation following quite a few stressful years of juggling their care needs with the various agencies/social services/Uncle Tom Cobley etc, within their former flat. It was so much fun that it pretty much ended my husband's career (he took early retirement) and ruined his health (he's got tachycardia now.)

Anyway ... MIL is ninety-one, has vascular dementia and is no longer eating. So, I'm up in London today and I'll pop in first thing and help her. I'm also seeing a friend for lunch, a former colleague who suspects that one of her daughters may be on the spectrum. I do hope that I can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment