Tuesday 5 July 2016

Post #57 - A Trip To The Cinema

Now, I must confess that I am the proud possessor of a Cineworld Unlimited Card (feel free to click on the link to see what that's all about) so this, combined with the fact that I'm currently out of work, means that I visit the cinema.  A lot.

"But you're an Aspie!" you may say - "cinema visits must be a complete nightmare?"


Well, yes and no really.  I tend to avoid busy times and don't tend to see films on the very day they're released.  That said, I still experience a few issues.  Here, step, by Aspie step, is the process involved for me to go and see a film:

  • Before: purchase one (or if I'm pushing the boat out, two) bottles of Sainsbury's latte (yeah, it's 80p and available in the chiller cabinet near the lunch things - it does tend to sell out, so don't go quaffing it before I've bought mine - thanks!)
  • Try to time my arrival ten or so minutes into the programme, which consists of a series of adverts and trailers and tends to last between 25-30 minutes prior to the film actually beginning
  • Show my card (which often gets rejected at the 02(!) and choose a suitable seat for the performance - I tend to prefer the back as I gain a better panoramic view.  Hopefully near absolutely nobody, especially annoying people
  • Find my allocated seat - sometimes this means turfing somebody else out of it - not that I care though - my seat, my rules!
  • Sit down, get comfy, check in on Facebook (gawd I'm tragic!), ensure that I've set my mobile to its 'vibrate only' function
  • Cring every time the door opens and pray that nobody sits anywhere near me
  • Visibly prickle when two, three or even four people walk in, each holding a mega bag of popcorn and a large soft drink each and proceed to sit behind me
  • Hope that the person sitting three rows in front of me would have switched off their mobile by the time the film starts - as well as being noisy, the light emitted from the screen illuminates the dark room in an annoying fashion
  • The film begins (phew!) - anticipate the ache that will undoubtedly occur in the back of my neck when the people behind me begin to crunch their popcorn and slurp their straws
  • It's not too bad ...
  • The question is: should I renew my Unlimited Card next year, or just stick to watching Blu-Rays at home instead?



No comments:

Post a Comment