Sunday 12 June 2016

Post #54 - Avoid Selling on eBay

I have been stung and boy, it hurts.

I'll elaborate (without going into too much detail); basically, I sold an item on eBay in late May - it was an item of clothing I'd purchased via eBay and didn't fit, so I duly listed it and it sold.  On 31st May, the buyer contacted me stating that it's defective and that she wants to return it for a full refund.

Now, here's the thing about eBay returns - basically, as a seller, you haven't a leg to stand on.  A buyer can state that an item is defective and even though it probably isn't, eBay will always side with them and issue a full refund.  They can even issue negative feedback and guess what?  You cannot!

So, anyway, I accepted the return and issued a refund.  The funds were then put on hold until she returned it.  I provided a pre-paid Hermes label to send it back with.  She refused and had the audacity to call me a scammer.  She still hasn't sent it back; eBay's customer service is downright useless and they told me to contact the Police, which I've done via the http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ website and submitted a full report.

I emailed the buyer today stating all of this and that, by keeping the item, that she's contravening the Theft Act 1968.  She replied (in her usual awful syntax) stating that eBay had told her to keep the item.  Yes, apparently they can do that.

I've written to Which?, but I won't get anywhere.  Take my advice though - DON'T SELL ON EBAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment