Monday 1 April 2024

Post #190 - Victim Impact Statement

My sexual assault case is NFA which means 'No Further Action' which is fine by me.  I was advised by the PC who visited me this morning to contact Victim Support to submit a Victim Impact Statement, which I will do tomorrow.  Apparently Victim Support have been attempting to contact me, but as my voicemail has been off because of all of the hassle I was receiving from Camden Council regarding my late husband's brother's issues.  

Anyway, this is where that particular thing ends.  It's also the conclusion of my involvement as a volunteer with the Friends [environmental] group.  As two of my reports to the Police were directly related to there, I think that I can conclude that it's a pernicious place and I'm not suited to being there in an official or semi-official capacity.  I was never one of the chosen ones anway and despite having a BA in Medieval and Early Modern History, my expertise was never welcomed nor utilised.  

*Update*

 Victim Support referred me to a charity called the London Survivor's Gateway.  I tried phoning them and ended up in a huge queue.  It was painful holding on, so I eventually hung up.  There was no email address earlier so I left it there.  Clearly such charities are overwhelmed and my case just didn't seem worthy enough.  

No comments:

Post a Comment