Sunday 14 January 2018

Post #132 - The Times They Are A Changin'

Yep. They sure are. Yesterday I went to London to meet an old friend/former colleague and we walked from London Victoria Station to The Civil Service Club, via some of the buildings we'd both worked in and my word - it's like a celebration of glass, which is rather odd to say the least.  Pictured below is the former site of New Scotland Yard, which I worked in from the mid-late 1990s.  At least it now affords a splendid view of the Art Deco beauty of 55 Broadway, Transport For London's HQ building.


As we walked parallel to the beauty of St James's Park, we traversed the building where I'd been the most miserable.  I even wanted to show him the corner where I used to stand, cry and telephone my husband from.  As much as I appreciated my friend's intelligence, by the end of the evening I felt as though I was being lectured.  I'm not a stupid person by any means and in the UK, surely it's rude to be too intellectual?  Me?  I wanted to talk about this series of Celebrity Big Brother.

Last night I dreamt that I was back in my most hated Government Department and my gawd awful boss was forcing me to accept a state of affairs I wholeheartedly disliked.  Luckily it wasn't real.  Today was great though - we were fundraising in our local branch of Sainsbury's and I had some great conversations with both charity colleagues and kind members of the public.  Stuff the past, this is my life now and I'm very happy that it is so.






No comments:

Post a Comment