Thursday 16 November 2017

Post #127 - The Curse Of The Ten-year-Old Liar

My son Master Logic has morphed into a compulsive liar over the last six months or so. His cheeky insolence and sarcasm is also grating on me as well as his father, Mr Logic. Two weeks ago there was a bit of a disturbing incident in the kitchen which led to a raft of shouting and tears.  This afternoon I found him reading Bob's WhatsApp messages on the latter's smartphone.

About 10pm tonight I decided to have a shower and get into bed to read Peter Davison's autobiography (which is excellent by the way ...) I placed my phone on the bedside cabinet and popped next door to the bathroom. Master Logic interrupted my ablutions by knocking on the door pretending to be his teddy bear, Samuel (don't ask ...) when I emerged, wrapped in a towel, I found that my phone was gone. After the whole palaver of Bob ringing the phone (unfortunately it was on vibrate only ) it was found under the (dusty!) bed. Master L then admitted to hiding it there.

I despair, I really do.


No comments:

Post a Comment